Finally, Mia has reached that age...it was time for her to take to the slopes. Mia, Sierra, myself and Jeremiah went to Snowbird. Sierra tried skiing last year and absolutely hated it. She tried it and hated it...it wasn't a fun experience for ANYONE that day. This year, Sierra attempted snowboarding and loves it. She's Jeremiah's little snow buddy and can't wait to go on the weekends with her dad.
Jeremiah and I were so worried for what the day was going to bring. Mia was either going to love it, or we were all going to hate it. On her first run, I let her snowplow her way down inside my skis but that wasn't gonna last long, it was way too much of a workout for me. Jeremiah and I decided to let Mia do what the ski teachers were doing with their kids...let her loose and try it on her own. She was a little intimidated but that wore off quickly. Her eyes were as wide as they could be as she sped straight down Chickadee. After 2 runs with Jeremiah and I she was hooked. It was awesome to witness her fearlessness. Mia has an amazing ability to face her fears head on, and to see her beat those fears makes me so proud. She was an amazing little skier we can't wait to go again.
No comments:
Post a Comment