May 29, 2009

One More Angel Watching Over Me

On April 24th, my life changed. What began as a regular Friday, ended up being the worst day of my life. On April 24th, my father, Brian Pierce passed away. My dad battled a blood disease, this was the day his fight ended. I never knew just how sick my dad really was. He was so concerned about us kids (and our kids) that he never dwelled on how he was feeling. If you asked, he just minimalized things and changed the subject. He didn't want us to worry about him, he never complained. I wish I would've known. I wasn't ready.
I never got my chance to say good bye. I guess i expected to have time to say goodbye in a hospital. Although i don't really know why. I thought I would have time to get there. I wanted to be there. I thought there there was still time, but there isn't always a tomorrow. I still can't beleive he's gone. It's been 1 month and almost 1 week and it still feels like it happened yesterday. There's times i grab my phone to call him to check in and all of a sudden i catch myself. I'll be in a crowd of people and see someone who reminds me of him and I take a second look just to be sure. Then there's time I just start crying out of nowhere.
Telling Sierra & Mia was very hard. I told them that we have one more angel watching over us now in heaven. I told them as long as we remember Grandpa Brian in our hearts, he will always be with us. That's what helps me through those days.

No comments: