Last year in 1st grade, Sierra had Pajama Day - or at least she thought she did. Pajama Day is when you get to wear your pajamas to school and the kids have a read-a-thon. Sierra came home from school and swore the next day was Pajama Day. I just assumed that I had missed a note from the teacher so just incase, I let her wear her pajamas, but packed some clothes in her back pack too. About 2 hours into school I received a phone call from one of the secretaries at her school. They said Sierra's teacher sent her to the office and they wanted to know why I sent her to school in her pajamas. I COULD'VE DIED I WAS SO EMBARRASSED!. I explained what happened and let them know that she did have extra clothes in her bag to change. That little girl got a talking to that night! Jeremiah and I told Sierra that she would never get to participate in Pajama Day again unless she brought home a note from the teacher.
So....this year in 2nd grade, Sierra had Pajama Day. She brought a note home from the teacher this time so we knew it really was Pajama Day. Unfortuanetly, it was also Spring Picture Day. All the kids in her class brought clothes to change into - except Sierra. For this years Pajama Day mishap, we blame the teacher. Maybe next year we'll get it right...third times the charm!
No comments:
Post a Comment