July 13, 2009

A Little White Trash / A Little Redneck

Nothing says that better than NASCAR! I can say that because I'm the daughter of the worlds most loyal NASCAR fan. When I got the opportunity to put together media coverage for the Subway NASCAR show car I knew it was something I had to be a part of. I was hoping just to hear it rev up, and to get behind the wheel was more than I ever expected!
It was a bittersweet moment for me. My dad would've been so proud! My dad used to tell me to call him on Sunday during the NASCAR races because he knew he'd be home at that time to take my call. One of the greatest memories I have is a recent trip to Phoenix with Jeremiah, my brother and my dad and I. We all went to Phoenix International to The Subway 500 NASCAR race. From the PT Cruiser rental car to the boys in the backseat who had too much fun, the trip was a blast. I'm glad I got to share that moment with them, it's a time I'll never forget and always be grateful for.

No comments: